Today, we are proud to share our fourth wave of 2020 endorsements. We are amazed. Earlier this summer, we asked for your help so that we could go all in and support more candidates. We blew through our goal, and that’s why we are now able to expand our map even further with an unprecedented fourth wave of candidate endorsements!
Please join us in extending a warm Sister District welcome to our final 5 candidates by donating $20.20 to them right now!
MEET THE CANDIDATES
- Lorenzo Sanchez (TX HD-67): Lorenzo is a first generation Mexican-American who was raised by a single mother in House District 67. He was educated in its public schools, and worked hard to become the owner of a small business. When elected, Lorenzo will be the only openly LGBTQ+ man in the Texas legislature and the first Latino from Collin County ever elected to the state legislature.
- Natali Hurtado (TX HD-126): Natali is a native Texan and first-generation American. She has a Masters of Public Administration and has worked for the City of Houston and U.S. Representative Gene Green – she understands how to get things done in Texas’ unique political climate.
- Regina Lewis-Ward (GA HD-109): Regina has served on the Stockbridge, GA city council since 2014, and she has more than 30 years of leadership and budgetary experience at the city level. A native of Brooklyn, she worked for the NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission, the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, and eventually retired from New York City Transit.
- AJ Kurdoglu (AZ LD-17): AJ is a first-generation American who has been a small business owner in Arizona for over 17 years. He first moved to the state to attend Thunderbird Graduate School of International Management, and stayed because he loved the state, its nature, its culture and most importantly its people.
- Anton Andrew (PA HD-160): Anton is a first-generation American and former public defender. Sister District supported Anton in 2018, when he lost his race by just a few hundred votes. We are proud to endorse him in 2020 to finish the job!
These final 5 candidates are running incredibly tight races in Texas, Georgia, Arizona, and Pennsylvania – all states that are critical battlegrounds in the fight to defeat Trump. Our support of these candidates will drive Democratic turnout from the bottom to the top of the ticket.