About The Development Associate Role
Sister District Project seeks to hire a Development Associate. The Development Associate will work closely with the Development Director and other team members to implement all aspects of the election cycle fundraising plan for The Sister District Project (PAC, 527) and The Sister District Action Network (501(c)(4)).
Major Donor Program
- Conduct ongoing research to cultivate a robust list of major donor prospects.
- Help prepare detailed briefing materials ahead of meetings with major donors.
- Ensure major donors receive timely, handwritten acknowledgment of their gifts.
- Identify and develop opportunities to engage and steward major donors.
- Provide logistical support around major donor fundraising events.
Grassroots Donor Program
- Manage the mid-level donor mail acknowledgment program.
- Identify and implement tactics to expand and strengthen our annual renewal, monthly giving program recruitment, and lapsed donor reinstatement processes.
- Develop opportunities to engage local volunteer teams in organizational fundraising.
Grantseeking & Reporting
- Research potential grant opportunities.
- Draft portions of grant applications and grant reports.
- Track grant application deadlines and grant report due dates.
- Support the transition of the online fundraising operation into Action Network.
- Assist in creating donor prospecting materials and refreshing online fundraising copy.
- Report back to the Development Director with program updates on a regular basis.
- Keep detailed records of donor outreach, correspondence, and outcomes.
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of relevant compliance rules.
- Passion for electing Democrats to state legislative seats
- At least one election cycle of political fundraising experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a remote setting
Hours & Location
Sister District is a virtual organization, and this position may be filled from anywhere in the United States. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week position.
Position & Pay
Pay will for this full-time employment position will be commensurate with experience, in the range of $45,000-$50,000 per year. Position offers healthcare reimbursement and a generous leave policy.
How To Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Development Associate – [NAME]” and attach the following files:
- Cover letter
- References (Provide the name, email address, and phone number of three professional references. Please also briefly describe how you have worked together.)
We ask that you format your file titles as follows:
- Resume: firstname_lastname_DA_resume
- Cover letter: firstname_lastname_DA_coverletter
- References: firstname_lastname_DA_references
- Your cover letter will be considered a writing sample.
Sister District Project values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply. Sister District prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based upon gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, veteran’s status, ethnic identity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The Sister District Project works to turn states blue by winning state legislative elections. We focus on critical down-ballot races that are important for addressing partisan gerrymandering and expanding progressive policies. We “sister” our volunteer teams with candidates who receive field and fundraising support. We support a portfolio of races, with the strategic goals of (1) flipping Republican-held state chambers (2) holding fragile Democratic majorities in state chambers, and (3) making blue inroads in badly gerrymandered states. In 2020, we are focused on states where it is our last chance to elect Democrats who will redraw district lines in 2021.