The Sister District Project (SDP) is hiring an Operations Manager to oversee the functions that support the programs and staff of the organization, including compliance, finance, human resources, and project management. The Operations Manager will work directly with the Executive Director. This is an ideal position for a passionate, mission-driven individual interested in working to make change in a fast-paced and agile political organization.
Under the supervision of Executive Director and in consultation with outside counsel and consultants:
- Project manage the compliance schedule and needs in accordance with applicable federal and state laws, ensuring compliance filing schedules are timely for all entities and that filings are accurate;
- Own the process of establishing new state and federal entities, along with the necessary incorporation, tax documentation, and bank accounts for each entity in accordance with state and federal laws under guidance from outside counsel;
- Work with Executive Director and outside counsel to understand compliance environment for volunteer participation in political campaigns and serve as the primary contact for conveying compliance information to volunteers;
- Create and implement systems and guidelines to put the organization and volunteers in the best position to achieve the Sister District mission while complying with all applicable regulations.
- Maintain an active list of all places to distribute job postings while ensuring a wide distribution to attract a diverse and qualified applicant pool;
- Manage posting process for open positions along with interview process and scheduling;
Work with outside consultants to manage and administer payroll;
- Manage and administer bi-annual performance evaluation process;
- Promote a positive, healthy, and safe work environment that reflects the mission of the organization.
- Ensure employee/contractor handbook is up to date and those necessary policies are in place. Develop and implement new policies if needed.
- Plan annual staff retreat.
Financial Planning and Management
- Ensure all finance data entry is accurate, timely, and accessible to all interested parties, including income, expenditures, and donor files;
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing a draft budget aligned with the strategic decisions of the senior leadership team;
- With the help of outside consultants, prepare monthly (and sometimes weekly and/or daily) reports about cash on hand, accounts payable, budget versus actuals, and other statements to support the organization’s strategy;
- Support Directors in managing their budgets, including the creation of budget tools and systems;
- Develop an annual calendar of financial statements and reporting needs for departments, committees, and SDP Board.
Operations and Project Management
- Oversee day to day operations of the organization
- Serve as project manager for cross-departmental programs or initiatives as needed
- Promote organizational transparency and monitor the work of all departments to ensure each function is on track to meet its goals and that each department understands its role in relation to other departments and the organization’s mission.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 6 or more years of professional experience in a similar role managing a wide variety of operations functions including staffing, HR, finance, and business development.
- Familiarity with state campaign finance regulations and compliance requirements.
- IRS compliance reporting experience, with management of multiple corporate entities, preferred.
- Passion for getting Democrats elected to state legislatures.
- Fast learner, problem solver, independent, and highly organized with impeccable attention to detail.
- Proven experience creating, implementing, and managing organizational systems.
- Excellent written, oral, and internal and external communication skills.
- Polished, professional, friendly, and efficient manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks accordingly.
We are looking to fill this position immediately. This is a full-time position with a salary range of 70k-80k, commensurate with experience. The position offers a flexible schedule and the ability to work remotely.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter as PDF doc attachments to Naseem@ignitehrsolutions.com with subject line “Operations Manager.”
Please format the file titles as follows: firstname_lastname_stateofresidenceabbreviation_cover and firstname_lastname_stateofresidenceabbreviation_resume, e.g. “Michelle_Obama_DC_cover & Michelle_Obama_DC_resume.”
We will read your cover letter carefully, and it will itself be a writing sample. Please discuss in your cover letter why you are interested in this role and which of your experiences best indicate your ability to contribute to the Sister District team.
Sister District Project values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.