About Sister District
Submit a Video for Sister District Social Media
We’re looking for videos of our volunteers doing what they do best—helping get Democrats elected to state legislatures! This will help us recruit new volunteers on social media—by making our work look fun and accessible.
We are especially interested in videos from canvassing trips and phonebanking parties. It’s not hard, and you can do it on your phone.
A Few Directions
- Film in 4K (iPhone instructions) (Advanced for slo-mo shots: Film in 4K at 60fps)
- We need medium and closeup shots—allow the face to fill the entire screen, from the top of your shoulders to the top of your head (otherwise it’s hard to see you on mobile!).
- Make sure the strongest light is hitting the subject. (i.e. make sure the subject isn’t backlit)
- If it’s a selfie video, be sure you’re looking into the camera, NOT at your own face in the screen.
What We’re Looking For
Wide, medium, and closeup shots of people’s faces and what they’re doing, and 1-3 minute interviews
See an example of one of our super-volunteers in Virginia:
Some Prompt Questions
We’re interested in hearing about your personal experience. You can answer these questions (don’t feel obligated to hit all of them):
- What volunteer activity are you doing today?
- Why are you volunteering?
- Why do you care about this race in particular?
- Did anything especially memorable happen today? (Maybe you had a good conversation with a voter…?)
- How did you feel after Trump was elected?
- (If applicable) how did you feel on election night in 2017, during the blue wave in Virginia?
- How do you feel about the thousands of volunteers who are working with Sister District today?
- What would you say to someone who isn’t sure of the importance of a grassroots group like Sister District?
How to Transfer the Video
Once you film the clips, please upload them to this folder:
Email us after you’ve uploaded!